It’s been a month. The longest development cycle so far has resulted in the following new features:
- Migration Tool can now be run under Windows XP (32 bit only). Since 64 bit Windows XP is in many aspects experimental, it is doubtful that we’ll see 64 bit XP support in the future.
- Installers are handled much better in 1.4. If there is uninstallation information somewhere on your system preventing from installing the same addon twice, a quite complex algorithm tries to find and temporarily remove such entries.
- Full registered FSUIPC and EZdok support. If you wish to run TrackIR through EZdok or fly with older planes such as PMDG 747, just fire up Prepar3D in Legacy Mode. There are no known side effects.
- There was a bit of a problem with utilities that tried to access shader files. This has been fixed.
- And as a safety measure, to prevent you from running FSX while virtual FSX is enabled, FSX.exe in root FSX folder get temporarily disabled when you enable virtual FSX. If you try to run FSX, you will see a notice telling you to run the Migration Tool and disable virtual FSX.
Version 1.4 can be downloaded from product page. Updating is easy, simply disable virtual FSX in Migration Tool, close the program and then run the downloaded installer.