Migrating to a new flight simulator has never been so easy!
From the early days of flight simulation, each new simulator has meant the need to replace almost all addons with new ones, often at a high cost, and in many cases no upgrades have been available at all.
FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool is a revolutionary tool that allows you to install Flight Simulator X (FSX) addons to Prepar3D. Since there are very few differences between the two simulators, almost everything that functioned properly in FSX will function so in Prepar3D.
No manual editing is necessary, nor it is necessary to have FSX present on the computer. Just install the tool, follow its manual and install addons like you would install them to FSX. Everything from freeware Pipers to the most complex addons will appear in Prepar3D.
How does it work?
Migration Tool creates a fake FSX installation, and everything installed there – no matter if by hand or using installers – will appear in Prepar3D instead.
Migration Tool has been tested with many popular sceneries, aircraft and utilities. As long as they don’t rely on dirty hacks and instead follow practices suggested by Microsoft and Lockheed Martin, they will work properly in Prepar3D.
Let us give you an example of great addons working in Prepar3D.
Hover over the screenshots to see descriptions.
- Any Lockheed Martin Prepar3D simulator must be installed. Both PreparD v1 and Prepar3D v2 are supported. Prepar3D v3 has preliminary support (still in development). Flight Simulator X is not required, but may be installed.
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10
- Administrator privileges are required to install and use the tool.
- One-time activation is required. Both online and offline activation are available.
- Once installed, the tool uses about 15 megabytes of disk space.
Migration Tool installer (13.3 MB)
Version 22.214.171.1241. Last updated 2016-03-16.
For support, please visit our support page detailing all available ways of getting in touch.